Consulting in early 2016: Northern corridor improvements (N. Sherwood Street, Mansfield Rd, Hucknall Rd)
The Northern Corridor will exit the City Centre via North Sherwood Street, go up Mansfield Road and then follow Hucknall Road to where it will pick up the National Cycle network just north of Bulwell.
Consultation on the Northern Corridor will start in early 2016.
- High quality corridors which will segregate cyclists from general traffic whilst providing a direct route on key arterial routes into the City Centre.
- Good quality surfaces which will improve rideability and reduces the risk of road surface related incidents.
- Enhanced sustainable transport offer which will be integrated with other major transport investment across the City
- Direct connections to major employers such as the City Hospital and Nottingham Trent University
- More people on bikes and less in cars which will be supported by smarter choices measures such as cycle training, led rides and promotion.
- Journey to work mode share by bike of at least 10% by 2025 (from 2011 baseline of 3.5%)
- Journey to work mode share by car reduced to 39% by 2025 (from 2011 baseline of 46%)
Unknown - subject to consultation